In an ideal world, before we build a website, we create company brands and brand guides first. This means we agree on logos, colors, fonts, photos, sales messages and more before we even begin to develop a line of code. The most successful companies work hard to create a consistent brand experience, whether through consistency in words, design, sales offerings or marketing messages. As branding experts, we help our clients develop:
- Brand standards for colors, fonts, photos, icons, imagery and more
- Messaging standards for mission, vision and values, as well web page content, such as who we are, what we do, how we work and why we are different and better
Here is an example of the branding work we did for TurboDry from website to trade show booth: Branding Work.
Some businesses hire us to do custom photography and others decide to go with stock photography. When thinking about your website imagery, some things we help clients with include:
- Brand imagery, such as photos used in home page hero slides and social media cover pages
- Stock image versus stock images
- Employee and staff headshots and group photos
- Building photos – interior and exterior
- Product photos
- Custom photography as needed
According to industry research, most new visitors that land on your website want to be able to understand who you are and what you do within 8 seconds. If not, most visitors will click the back button and go elsewhere. We work with our clients to mock up the home page complete with:
- Home page headline and sub-headlines.
- Brand images.
- Opening elevator pitch.
- Calls to action.
- Proof of qualifications (such as awards, certifications, testimonials, etc).