Difference Mapping is a process of introspection that brings forward truths about our company, our industry and our customers. Difference mapping creates a path upon which to build our strategy and tell our story, steering us away from obstacles and toward success.
Truth About Us
- Keith and John each have 25+ years experience in the marketing industry
- Keith is the branding and design expert
- Carol is the brand messaging and copywriting expert
- John is the the digital marketing and lead generation expert
Truth About Our Industry
- The marketing industry is divided into 4 sectors: traditional full-service ad agencies,website design firms, branding firms and digital marketing agencies.
- Everybody says they do everything and most of them are unable.
- All marketing agencies are the same; they are tactically driven not strategically driven.
- Most big agencies employee mostly young and inexperience employees to do the work.
- Most clients expect a massive ROI from a minimal investment.
- Chat GPT is changing how things get done.
Truth About Our Ideal Customer Profile (ICP)
- They have hired marketing agencies in the past with mixed results
- They view marketing as tactics
- They don’t understand the value of strategic planning
- They want immediate results and re
- Upper management often sees marketing firms as vendors not partners
Purpose: Why Do We Exist
- To help entrepreneurs build better companies and become better leaders
People: Who Is Our ICP?
- Smart, fun, coachable business owners
- Ambitious entrepreneurs on a mission to grow their company
Personal: How Can We Change Their Feelings?
- Set expectations about deliverables and timelines throughout each project
- Deliver a return on investment from our services
- Create an amazing brand and website they can be proud of
Perception: What Do They Believe?
- Marketing does not always result in increased sales
- Content marketing is hard and writing great content is even harder
Product: What Do They Really Want/Need?
- Growth – more sales and profits for their business
- Sales – more qualified leads coming into their sales pipeline
- Return on investment from all their marketing investments of 3x to 10x
- A brand story that differentiates their business from the competition
- A website that attracts, persuades, and converts prospects into customers